If you have multiple dental issues, you may feel embarrassed or self-conscious about your smile, which can negatively impact your self-confidence and overall quality of life. Thankfully, if you are looking for smile makeovers in Newburyport, MA, Newburyport Family Dental can help you correct cosmetic flaws for a bright, youthful, healthy, and beautiful smile.
When considering a smile makeover, you might be curious about what to expect from the procedure. This article highlights the steps involved in a smile makeover procedure.
Smile Makeover Procedure
- Comprehensive consultation
Any dental procedure often begins with a consultation. The dentist will examine your oral health, flaws, and smile goals to know whether and how you can benefit from a smile makeover.
A smile makeover can correct numerous dental concerns:
- Crooked or misaligned teeth
- Discolored, stained, or yellowed teeth
- Overcrowded teeth
- Large gaps between teeth
- Missing teeth
- Teeth damage like chips, cracks, and breaks
- Worn-down teeth
During the exam, the dentist may take X-rays, images, and impressions of your mouth for more precise information.
- Preparing the treatment plan
The dentist will create a personalized treatment plan to address cosmetic issues based on the initial examination results. Since every patient has unique conditions and needs, smile makeover treatments usually vary from one patient to another. The dentist may come up with multiple treatment options for you.
When creating the treatment, they will consider factors like oral health, cosmetic needs, and budget. The dentist might make a model or show you photos of previous customers to show you how your smile will look after the smile makeover.
The treatment may include the following:
- Restorative treatments. If you have dental flaws like missing, decayed, or broken teeth, the dentist may use restorative treatments to address these issues and improve the appearance of your smile.
- Orthodontic treatments. If you have an improperly aligned bite, the dentist can use orthodontic treatments like Invisalign to align your smile and make it possible to get other treatments.
- Cosmetic dentistry. You can address cosmetic dental flaws like stains and minor teeth damage with cosmetic treatments like teeth whitening, veneers, and bonding.
Once you’ve agreed on treatment, the dentist will spread the procedures over several weeks or months. The order or length of your treatment will depend on your specific condition, type of treatment, and budget. For instance, some treatments, like dental implants, can take 3 – 9 months, while dental bonding might only require a single appointment.
Common Smile Makeover Treatments Include:
- Teeth whitening. If you have stains caused by staining ingredients like coffee, soda, and smoking, teeth whitening or bleaching can help brighten your smile.
- Invisalign. Do you have an improperly aligned bite? Invisalign is an orthodontic treatment that uses transparent custom trays to align your teeth for a straighter and more youthful smile. Unlike traditional metal braces, which are very common, Invisalign is removable, more comfortable, and discreet.
- Dental Veneers. If you have minor dental flaws like cracks, chips, stains, gaps, and misalignments, dental veneers can help. A veneer is a thin shell that’s adhered to the front of a tooth to change its shape, size, and color.
- Dental implants. Have you lost your teeth? Dental implants are the closest restorations to your natural tooth. It restores your bite, oral health, and smile.
- Dental crowns. A tooth crown is ideal for correcting dental imperfections like breaks, fractures, deep stains, and gaps. Crowns can also be used to replace missing teeth with implants and bridges.
- Dental fillings. If you have tooth decay or cavities, a tooth-colored filling can help repair your tooth to improve your smile and oral function.
After your smile makeover treatment, you’ll enjoy an improved oral appearance, hygiene, self-confidence, and health. The dentist will give you a few tips to care for your smile to ensure it lasts as long as possible. They also might schedule follow-up meetings to ensure everything is as expected.
Caring for Your New Smile
- Brush and floss daily.
- Avoid tobacco products.
- Eat healthier and hydrate well.
- Use fluoride toothpaste.
- Schedule routine dental visits.
- Avoid damaging habits like chewing nails or ice.
Schedule an Appointment Today
Are you ready to improve your oral imperfections with a smile makeover? Contact Newburyport Family Dental for more information.